01-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #13
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mewster View Post
Sweet, looks great. I was close to going for carbon black myself, but bottled out after thinking about all the cleaning!

Be interested to hear what you think of the M-sport suspension and 19's. As you know, got my SE with 18's on Friday as well. Ride is pretty much perfect for the way I drive (sedately...) but it does feel a bit floaty and roll's a fair bit, so I imaging M-sport suspension is the way to go if you like to press-on a bit.

SE suspension and 18's is certainly a much better ride than my previous A6 SE on 17's. I've tried a few Audi S-Line loan cars over the last few years, the ride was absolutely awful, which kind of put me off sports suspension generally, so I'd be interested to hear what M-sport is like...
I am probably not very objective here as my last 3 cars (inc this one) have all been m-sport's with m-sport suspension starting with E60 530i M-Sport then E92 330i M-Sport and now the F11.

I guess the other problem is i've only driven 75 miles in the new car

from the few miles i've driven i have to say the standard M-Sport setup on the 19"s feels very very good. not as rock hard as the E92 but still firm enough to feel reassuring but also comfortable enough over the never ending line of potholes and ruts in our roads.

so for now its a big from me on the 19's and std M-sport suspension.

some other quick observations:

- Panoramic Sunroof is EXCELLENT. when you want more light it bathes the cabin in it but when you fancy the more cossetting feel of the roof liner then the blind slides back into place and you wouldn't know its there. My 5 month old boy seemed to appreciate the extra light in the back when he was riding in there today

- Business HiFi, well worth the relatively small outlay. sound is very impressive at all volume levels

- Matt Aluminium exterior trim, this car was a cancelled order (hence how I got it so quick) and the trim choice was the only thing I was dubious about but I have to say in real life it looks excellent, real high quality. having had highgloss shadowline on my last two cars i know it does take some cleaning to keep it glossy and I get the feeling this matt alu trim will keep looking the part with a lot less elbow grease required. also if you keep the roof rails in matt alu (std) then the whole lot complements the car beautifully

- aluminium hexagon trim, had this in my E60, seems much better quality and look in the F11. if i'd placed a factory order i'd have been tempted with the anthractie but i have to say the hexagon trim is much better than i'd hoped. very pleased with it

- sports auto gearbox, one word, brilliant. get it.

- Electric Seats with Driver memory, for me definite must have as I hate it when the wife changes all the seats/mirrors/steering wheel setup...always takes me an age to get the whole lot back how i like them. having the button's built into the drivers door (memory setting) is a nice touch and neatly done

couple more pics taken...engine bay and panoramic roof with blind retracted
Attached Images

Appreciate 0