View Single Post
      03-25-2024, 08:01 AM   #17
mylanezu
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series F11 LCI 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bimmer View Post
You might want to go back and review the installation instructions that came with your aftermarket kit.

The OEM driver to your ambient lighting uses PWM from the Footwell Module (A58), and unless you are driving your aftermarket LED's (via resistor only) directly from the Footwell Module (A58) via the gray + gray/red wire pair, the aftermarket driver module is receiving a PWM power source from A58, which acts like cycling power on/off, which in turns, cycles the power to the aftermarket LEDs. You will get pulses LED operation.

To correct your aftermarket installation, your driver modules needs to be tapped into a constant 12VDC ignition source.

Given the complexity of your F11, and it's electronics, I'd never put ANYTHING aftermarket electronics in the vehicle.

Good luck trying to find a power source that will work as intended, other than your lighter socket, which it too will do funny things, like stay powered on for a bit of time after the ignition power has been turned off in the vehicle.

Do not hook your aftermarket LED controller straight to your battery, else you'll be back on the forum asking for more help.

Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers.
Thank you @M_Bimmer for detailed explanation.
I still have some concerns about this, why the same kit works very well on BMW F36 2018 also with OEM ambient light ?
I will try to keep ''permanent'' 12V from other source for the doors modules and only Main module will remain connected to the OEM ambient ligth source (to have the trigger ON/OFF). Hope to be OK after that.

PS: Of course, lighter socket will not be taken into account !
Appreciate 0