View Single Post
      04-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
gurns
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Dravit Grey

Swirl remover

I don't have a good answer for you regarding swirl prevention other than what some others have recommended. I rinse out my sheepskin mit about every other dunk in the soapy water and wipe the car surfaces in a forward and backward motion - no circular movements (that goes for washing and drying the car). I also thoroughly rinse out the mit when I am finished. About every third washing I throw the mit in the washing machine.

Some one below mentioned autotopia. I have used their products now for close to 10 years. Their web site is pretty good; you will quickly find their how to guides very helpful (written and tested procedures by car care fanatics!).

I have a brand new 550i and after a rain I had water spots on the clear coat. I used a too abrasive compound to try to get them off and as a result I put some light scratches in finish. Needless to say, I was pretty upset at myself.

I spoke to the people at autopia and they recommended I use the SFX-2 polish with the oribital buffer machine (e.g. Porter Cable). Fortunately I had both these items and when put to use on the affected areas I gooned - the finish came out like new!! I was very very happy with the results. I hope this helps.
Appreciate 0