View Single Post
      02-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #13
FrequentFlyer
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8 & X3

I am off to Switzerland tomorrow and my handbook shows that there is a changeover lever for either Halogen or Xenons (Week 45 build car) and describes how to do it. I have just come back in from a frustrating hour outside in the freezing cold with the following discoveries (Halogen Lights):

1. The access to the low beam lights is in the front wheelarches behind a panel that is held in with 2 screws.
2. There is not enough clearance between the tyre and the wheelarch to use the screwdriver supplied in the toolkit so you have to turn the wheels to full lock.
3. The wheels need to be turned to full opposite lock to access the headlight panel on the other side of the car.
4. Find out that the manual is wrong and that the changeover feature is already deleted from week 45 build cars.
5. Sit in the drive and point the lights at a wall and realise that the beam is indeed flat and will not blind French/Swiss drivers.
6. Come back in covered in c**p from the wheelarches/tyres and fondly remember the days when you just pulled a rubber cap off from the back of the headlights to change the bulb.

I hope this helps . . .

Last edited by FrequentFlyer; 02-17-2011 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 0