View Single Post
      04-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #12
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Every BMW has tinted glass. Now, in some markets, they offer a higher performance version (insulated as well). FWIW, I had some 3M tint applied last year to mine, and it made a huge difference. They make a bunch of different lines, the one I chose was their most high-tech. Over 200 layers of material, the only one acknowledged for nearly complete UV blockage and the only one recognized by the American Cancer Society for skin cancer protection (they claim it's used on lots of ambulances and police cars). The nice thing I like about it is that it can do all of this without being dark (although it does come in the darker shades as well). I have the darkest that's legal everywhere and it could even have been put on the windshield, should I have chosen to do that. Doesn't block RF like some of the metallic coated ones.

The other thing I've found that really helps is the comfort seats - you get ventilation as well as heating. That really helps keep you from sweating at the seat surface, and offers lots of additional adjustments you don't get with the stock seats.

You can get power sunshades for the rear doors, but the rear window (hatch) sunshade is a (dealer only?) added option. With the tinting, it may not be as desirable.

The other thing that is neat, is that you can set a timer in the car to turn on the vent fan if you know about when you will be getting back to the car. This can purge a lot of the hot air out of the vehicle, making it much more pleasant when you first get into it.
Appreciate 0