View Single Post
      08-30-2010, 05:07 AM   #91
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-rive View Post
Every road have some tilt to let the water resulted from rain draining. That tilt is the principal cause wich make the car pulling to the right.
If you are going on the other side of the road with tilt to the left, you will notice the care are pulling to the left.
My thinking is this.The steering is very sensitive but there is not something wrong with our cars and a manufacturer like BMW can not make such a big mistake with all our cars.

So, my car is pulling to the right if the road is tilted to the right, is pulling to the left if the road is tilted to the left, and go straight if i go on the middle of the road.
So, this is the solution, go on the middle of the road. Just kidding of course about driving on the center of the road.
I tested this last night when the road is empty of other cars.

So please everybody verify what i said
Exactly... does this pull exist on the flat/crown of the road? My concern, will UK cars pull to the left? Two test demo cars I tried didn't.

Simple test to prove a camber pull is, place a small spirit level in the car (where you know it is correctly positioned for flatness, in relation to the body) and try the car on different cambers. If the car pulls to the right on flat or the opposite camber then you have 'pull', if only on the right incline camber, you have camber drift. The test can identify two different problems.

Also does the steering wheel pull, or is ithe car just drifting with the wheel remaining on dead centre?

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0