Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_c View Post
Well, FINALLY the clock is ticking the last days before taking delivery of my new 535i at the Performance Delivery Center on 8/12/2010.

I had gone to the dealership early in June to take a look at the GT, and they just had received their first shipment of 2011 5 series. I wasn't too crazy about the GT's exterior, but I LOVED the new interior, and when I saw the new 5 inside and out, I fell in love with it.

I have had 4 BMW's before -along with every other german car- since 1992, and I thought that this was the best looking BMW I had seen. In fact, my last BMW was a 2008 3-series coupe since I just hated the look of the E60. Don't hate me, I just didn't like the extreme headlights and the back end.

On the other hand, I have always liked the nicely appointed interior of the 7, but thought that the size was too much for me... therefore when this new 5 came out, I thought that finally, this one was "just right".

I've always been very impatient when buying a new car, wanting to have it as soon as possible, and one way or another I was always able to find one that was at least 95% like I wanted somewhere, regardless of the distance, but this time I decided to order EXACTLY what I wanted, regardless of the wait... a loooooong wait. Almost exactly 2 months from the day I ordered it.

By the way, I test drove the car with all possible combinations (535,550, 528, Sports Package, ZDH, ZDH+2TB, etc.) and all types of roads (curves, 2-lane roads, interstate, hills, etc) and finally I decided to order this:

535i
Dark Graphite Metallic
Oyster/Black Dakota Leather
Anthracite wood
Premium
Premium 2
Sports
Sports Automatic (which includes the Normal/Sports/Sports+ toggle)
Active Ventilated Seats
Folding rear seats
Anthracite headliner
Smartphone integration
Clear Bra

By the way, thanks to all of your posts I was able to get the exact options I wanted and got a fairly decent price.

I have never done the Performance Center delivery, so I'm really excited about it.

I'll post some pics as soon as I get it!!!

You stated that you have clear bra as one of your options. Is that offered by your dealer? We don't have this option in Asia.
Appreciate 0