07-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #19
TunedIn
BMW Car and Bike Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 535i, '08 750i, '12 K1300S

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman75 View Post
I have exactly the same problem. I want to order a DSB/Oyster-Black 550i M-Sport. I am waiting for a Sept build 2012 though so have a small hope things will change.

Couple of questions:

1) Did you get your dealer to check with BMWNA if they can push through the DSB without additional charge since it is a build-to-order car and DSB is not a premium color? I remember they did that for me once when I was bought a E46 330Cic.

2) What did you do in the end?
Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one frustrated by the inability to order a DSB F10 with the M Sport Package. To answer your questions, 1) the salesman I'm working with is extremely knowledgeable, and after checking with his BMWNA rep he assures me that the ONLY possible way to order this combination is by paying the $5,500 special color ordering fee. 2) I'm still waiting to see what the 2012 model year changes bring. I've got my fingers crossed. However, in the meantime, to tide me over, at the beginning of the month I bought a 1998 Z3 in ATLANTA BLUE, manual transmission... it's a hoot, and now I can wait until 1Q 2012 to get my F10 in the right color with the M Sport package. In other words, I punted !
Appreciate 0