06-14-2011, 02:23 AM   #29
jaekeem
BMW Noobie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 e46 M3 Macan S Model S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
I have tried stock settings, 3.75, 4.0, 4.5, 4.75, and 5.0. No check engine lights anywhere but the car feels fastest at 4.0. I'd like to dyno mine at a couple of different settings and see what the actual numbers show. I'm quite sure that it is quicker at the higher boost settings at higher RPM but there is noticeably more lag the higher I went over stock boost.
Diesel I think I asked you this before but what octane gas are you running? I'm going in to get some more dyno pulls done at higher boost and higher octane gas this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
I would tend to agree that 5 psi may not feel as strong because of the increased lag as you go up on the power band. I am installing aftermarket exhaust tomorrow and already have a K&N so we shall see if the free flowing exhaust helps with the boost.

It has been really hot here and any forced induction vehicle suffers after about 85 degrees in my humble experience.
LGK - What exhaust system are you getting? Its been so hard trying to source any exhaust system. Even the custom muffler shops worth looking at in socal are booked over 2 weeks out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
No, just a touch more than stock. Not bothersome in the least. You'll forget all about it after about 5 minutes.
I cant wait to see how this all works and what the dyno numbers look like at all the different boost settings.

By the way Diesel do you know what the maximum or limit of the JB Stage 1 boost is set at?

2011 F10 535i | Build Thread | Power Mods & Dynos
Appreciate 0