View Single Post
      07-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Stonehauler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 04 Lexus GS430

What is it you are looking for in a car? Canyon carver, straight line moster, luxury sport car, sport/luxury car, sport sedan and a little luxury?

As you said, they are different cars and in different classes. The only person who can decide what you want...is you. Go drive them...drive them like you would normally drive them. If you just use them for a jaunt out in the mountains around you home, do that. If you will use it to commute in a lot of stop and go, or on a bad road, do that.

Only you can determine what you want. It's like trying to compare a 2004 Lexus GS and a M3.Both had 300hp, but one was a streetable race car, and the other (lexus) was a luxury performance car. One could fit 2 easily, plus two short people in the back. The other could fit 4 easily and up to 5. One can be taken anywhere on any road and not beat you up, the other can't. One is a comfortable cruiser, the other was a canyon carver. Both were around 50k well optioned.

Some people would have opted for the M3, others for the GS, and still others (probably most of the people on this board) would have gone a third way.

One thing I would suggest is that you drive a year old version of each car. I did and I was disappointed in how the Audi had held up (A6) vs the BMW 550s/535s...YMMV.

Good luck
Appreciate 0