08-01-2012, 02:44 AM   #12
half man half amazin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 430 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
From someone who has been driving BMWs since 1986, neither of your statements is remotely accurate.

It's a BMW, say no more? Not anymore. BMW has been moving toward luxury and Audi toward sport. I'm not saying Audi has surpassed BMW, but it's now far from a slam dunk. Unfortunate.

Performance wise BMW takes the cake? Not even close comparing the 535xi and S4. The handling of the S4 with Audi's sport differential is closer to my Porsche than my BMW. The Audi has 30+ more hp in a much lighter car. And BMW has really botched its first electric power steering application ruining the brand's historically famous steering feel and feedback.

Don't get me wrong. I think the OP should opt for the BMW as well. But you can't just dismiss Audi anymore.
Of course this is all subjective. I personally would take BMW over any Audi ANY day of the week. I haven't been driving them since 86, but I have had plenty of luxury/ sport / performance vehicles and out of the last 12 I've had in th past 10 years the BMW's have by FAR been the best and I'm very pleased. Different strokes for different folks.
Appreciate 0