View Single Post
      03-20-2014, 05:49 AM   #11
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jykishan View Post
However at no point did the air speed change when I adjusted the temp up or down, and yes I waited a few mins all the way to 60 and 84. Does it work like this: if today it was 20 outside , and I have the temp set to 75, with the center dial set to the middle of blue/red, I'm assuming the air temp would change based on how fast I set the air speed?
First I must say how I run mine, I have my air intensity settings set to low, so don't expect the fast air flows on warm up or cool down. I never touch the air volume or temperature controls and leave the system in full auto to do its job. I normally set the face blend to mid position, so that also is gently regulated by the auto function.

So in use I'm getting a gentle air flow (low intensity) but the air volume is changing according to need, Even the face blend changes in a subtle way, when cold the air flow is slower and blended to save your face from chilling. Once the cabin is more stable it then builds a little more flow. If the car is cooling the air speeds do automatically speed up on demand and gently subside as I'd expect.

Say I get into my car and it is hot I don't mess with the settings, I just hit the MAX button for a few seconds to get a quick burst of cooling and then press again to return to full auto mode. That is really the only time I need to touch the controls or may just change the face blend to cool or heat according to my mood, but even that is rare.

The principle of BMW CC in auto mode is to heat as fast as possible, cool as fast as possible, in a comfortable way.

If you run higher intensity settings, then air flows are greater and adjusted more automatically according to need. So we have the flexibility to have an air flow range which we prefer.

Sounds to me you want/like greater air flows. Do you have your system set to the highest automatic intensity settings?

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0