10-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #44
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWtoBMW View Post
Regarding the famous dot, I do have it. THe first thing I nopticed when I picked up the car and later drove it at night was the Nav screen map changes to night mode automatiocally. In my previous E90 abnd E92, both with iDrive, neither had a dot and neither switched to and from the night mode map automatically.
I don't have the dot and mine switches between night and day mode automatically also.

Notice the dot is on the right side which is angled to face the driver? Well, that is because it is actually a camera used for option S1020 (Spouse Spy Locator or better known as Spouse 10-20). It is an option that is offered to the spouse of a potential purchaser and is not disclosed to the purchaser. Since I'm a purchaser I have not been awarded access to the secret website that let's you check on the location and see a current image of your spouse (also they were unable to contact my wife and therefore we don't have S1020 and therefore she does not have access also). Pretty sneaky on BMW's part and quite a sly marketing ploy as they contact reluctant spouses in the case where they know the spouse is giving grief to the potential buyer for considering a BMW to try to sway them into allowing the purchase to take place. So, the bottom line is that your spouse opted for the dot (S1020) as a compromise to let you purchase the car.
Appreciate 0