View Single Post
      11-08-2014, 04:22 PM   #3
rmk83
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11 2014 (B47)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigUK View Post
Hi, I put a dash cam in my F11 at the weekend, installed a mini 0803 right in the center of the screen just under the mirror. When driving it's barely noticeable from the drivers seat.
Do you have the adaptive lighting ? Incidentally I think if you have the other camera-assisted things (LDWS, Speed Limit Info Display etc) then the camera module is actually smaller and more discrete than *just* the adaptive lighting

Quote:
For the power, I bought a right angled micro USB lead and fed it through the mirror housing, along the top of the screen and down into the glove box. I now have it plugged in the glovebox USB port which I don't use for anything else. The power is cut with the other utility sockets when the car is locked. All told, very tidy install with no visible wiring at all bar about 1" below the mirror housing.
I don't think I have a USB port in the glove box (can't say I've looked though!) I know I don't have the extra 12V outlet under the glove box that many people have. If I did that might be a good place to get power from.
Appreciate 0