United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp First Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTATX View Post
The shop I bought it from is stating that it shouldn't be much problem as the amp hasn't gone to safety mode since install. Gain is half way and I barely listen to it maybe an hour all day.

They suggested as the system is working without any issues keep it as it and if something happens to the amp in future they will replace it for another amp for me no questions asked.

I haven't had any issues yet so fingers crossed.
Take a multimeter and turn it to resistance (Ohms) and measure what they actually are at resting position... quite often subs that say 2 ohms can be 2.5-3 ohms at times (or the opposite and be lower), so it might just be that your true load is a lot closer to 2 combined instead of 1. Running as low as possible will be the most efficient for the amplifier, but as mentioned it can eventually lead to clipping and causing the amp to run hot, even if at only 40% gain. While unfortunately running them in series will bump it to 4 ohms (again, measure with a multimeter for true resistance) it may seem like it "hits" less, but the amp will run significantly cooler. Since you're only at 40% gain, you may just want to try and wire them the other way and see how it sounds with the gain at 60-80%, just listen for any induced engine noise or other issues as those can be more common with amps turned up higher.
Thx will do n update.
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
Appreciate 0