View Single Post
      02-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #46
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
just want to make sure i get maximum benefit for spending 10 hours to run through ME1. so i'm basically just playing ME1 for the story? not that that discourages me, just expected a bit more reward...
There is more rewards.....depending on how much time you want to spend.

Example: Importing a lvl 60 Shepard from ME1 nets you $200K credits, 50K of each resource, and starting out at lvl 5 in ME2. Keep in mind to reach lvl 60 you need to beat ME1 (unlocks lvl 60 maximum limit), then continue playing on a new game+ on ME1 to reach it.

Also, as I said your choices/decisions you made from ME1 carry over to ME2.

If you do not import from ME1 these choices are "pre-selected" in a new game for ME2....basically meaning everyone who dies, could have , While you can save them in ME1 if you chose.

Me personally? I just did a quick run through ME1 making all the big decisions I wanted to carry over to ME2. Also, it made ME2 that much more enjoyable (seeing cameos, etc) and generally knowing WTF is going on.

As for tips... Here's a few things:

1) Conversations/Speech are huge in these games. Put points into Charm/Intimidate (Extremely important if you're doing a story-only playthrough)....pick the proper choices if you want to be good or evil (Paragon/Renegade)

2) Do any "personal" or team members quests. Random sidequests aren't as important.

Those are the main things. Again it depends on if you're planning on doing everything and "taking in" the game, or you just want the best possible quick playthrough.

Hope that helps.

Basically the point: You should play ME1 first.

It adds a more personal feel to ME2. Plus the ending is Epic, you'll be dying to play ME2 next.

Last edited by Noc57; 02-12-2010 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0