View Single Post
      11-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #24
dmontg
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MSport 550i

Side cameras are sorta in the way but mounted well and easy to work around. I put the clear reflectors on my silver ride today. These were spec'd for up to 2012 model but went right in the 2013.

BTW, it is easier to pass the reflector from the outside through the opening it mounts in than fuss with the fender liner and come in from the back. Just pass it through to your hand that is stuck in behind the fender. You might want to do a dry run before you peel the adhesive off the reflector. Also, (at least on my 2013 550 M Sport) the OEM adhesive was only along the long sides and stayed on the inside of the fender. The first one I installed went on top of the OEM adhesive tape and was recessed a tiny bit. I pulled the reflector out and with my fingertips sort of rolled the adhesive into a ball and removed it. The OEM adhesive strip is only about 1/8" wide so there's not much to actually remove. The fender got warm enough from the heat exchangers mounted in the fender from a 10 mile drive that no hair dryer was needed, just steady pressure, though it took enough pressure to deflect the plastic bumper section a bit but it springs back to shape. It would be good practice to clean the mounting surface in the fender with some denatured alcohol.

Last edited by dmontg; 11-10-2012 at 04:10 PM..
Appreciate 0