Jimmy D. 2011 F-10 550i Sport, Black Sapphire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F-10 550i

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
There is a spare tire well under the rear trunk of the car. Kind of perplexed me since the cars both Xi and RWD come with run flats. Body shop and my tuner said that the sub floor with the rear well have electronics and other things in there which would have to be moved IF I had them cut into it to move give the Eisenmann the lateral room needed. Stock set up fits perfectly. No major mods needed. The passenger side of things is what is limited as that wheel well is offset to the passanger side under the rear. If you look at my pics you'll see that IF BMW had centered this well then you'd have plenty of work space to shift ANY exhaust underneath the car either right or left as needed.

My exhaust is an Eisenmann Race set up with Quad 90mm tips. Have only had it on the car since Wed so can't really comment much on the exhaust other than to say it is a 100% improvement on stock 550i exhaust. No drone noted yest at all so far. Stock the car is so quiet that you might as well be driving a Lexus or 528i or something. Just has no presence IMHO for it being a v8 and de-tuned version of the M5 S63 engine you'd think somewhere someone had pulled a switch on you otherwise..the N63 is just so quiet. Unlike the previous e60 550i's I have seen/heard. Will let you know how it turns out over the next few weeks but as of now I look forward to starting the car and find excuses to drive extra places over the last 48hrs! LOL
The battery and other stuff is in there, I switched to non run flats so I now have a full size spare in the truck wrapped up in a BMW Tire tote and felts, Let me know if you experience bad drone like the last comment had said, this is the most affordable exhaust out there so it is probably the one I am going to get in a few months, I just cant justify spending between 4-8 thousand dollars for one. Let me know if you still love the sound after a few weeks and anything else you notice that you love or regret.
Thanks
Appreciate 0