View Single Post
      07-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #12
cbi74
Registered
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 520d

I got a 520d on July 1, since then I did 4500km, before the F10 I had an E90 330i from 2007.
Before getting the 520d, I test drove for a few hours the 525d on normal day to day roads, driving it I did not experience a large gap or difference, nor on noise or on acceleration (mind that I was on normal road and city traffic conditions and not on a track or highway).

Regarding the 520d that I ended up buying, it is very quiet, which is strange to be said by me considering that I am coming from an unleaded engine.
When you call the cavalry on the 520d it arrives very quickly to the point that I got used to driving it immediately (even if not as reactive as the 330i but you cannot compare the 2).
Handlking is incredible, in the Italian Alps last week on the San Bernard pass I really enjoyed it, the 520d is a real sport car even with the diesel engine and it can be extremely fun to drive.

The only disappointing thing is the fuel consumption, which should have been on average 19km/l, but I am only able to get 16.2km/l.
But over all I am happy of my choise over the 525d as it allowed me to place the saved money into options.
Appreciate 0