07-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #54
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Who told you week 36+? Is this confirmed?

That puts the change for Sept builds which is also when the Euro cars get the new digital 6WB dash cluster that the US cars won't get until next year.

Damn BMW couldn't make this shiet more complicated for us.

Alan
I didn't post that but I've just had a reply to my email from my CA...

"The new Multi Media Package is not in effect on 5 series until week 36 which is September build."

I will be contacting my lease company on Monday to explore how I can cancel my order. This is classic bait and switch as BMW issued a global press release advising all 5 series would have the new system from July build. I ordered a 5 series because of that but now my order is placed they have changed it. What's worse is that they obviously weren't going to say anything unless I'd asked!

The trickery with the configurator is pretty sneaky too. At first sight it looks like the 609 section is unchanged. Look more closely however, and it turns out they've removed the description 12GB and just left it as integrated HDD. No size given so it's nice and ambiguous. Way to screw over your customers.

I feel gutted. What was looking to be a pleasant event (delivery of the new car with the new system) is instead leaving me feeling angry and cheated. I don't use the word cheated lightly.