01-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #16
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogolf View Post
I really miss having DHP on my new 2014 550Xi, had it on my last 2011 740i, the new 2014 Msport 550xi does not handle as well as my past 740i. they should make DHP a must with Msport option on XI at least. well.. have to make the car handle better modding the springs and sway bars.
I agree with you. I'm a complete DHP believer now... may become the DHP spokesperson if they allow me. It just feels night and day over the standard suspension. I couldn't consider the M Sport suspension due to my desire for an xDrive car (not available), but my previous 335i had a sport suspension, so I have a decent idea what I'm "missing" with a passive sport setup. I really believe DHP is superior than anything passive. The adjustable dampers can be written off by passive sport suspension proponents as a creature comfort (since the M Sport suspension is quite good as far as suspensions go), but the active anti-roll is another thing altogether and can't be matched with anything passive. In a corner it really shines!
Appreciate 0