03-30-2017, 03:24 PM   #2
MattPro
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 550iX, '91 E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsaidgo View Post
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new to the forum and have owned my 2011 535i in manual transmission for about a week now. It has around 36,000 miles on it and I'll be putting on a dinan high flow dual exhaust tomorrow. I'm gonna sound like a complete newb here because I am one haha so go easy on me. I am putting in a jb4 that I bought used. My main question is, given that the car is 6 years old now and pretty much running original stock parts, will the car be able to handle map 1 without damaging the parts? If not, what advice do you have for me in terms of upgrades and settings, that might help with avoiding my car "self destructing"on me haha. All advice is much appreciated
One thing to always keep in mind is that you are adding more fuel to each cylinder (air, gas). So if you have a weak ignition system, it may not be able to mark a spark in these conditions. So if you start seeing misfires when using the JB4, replacing coils/plugs should fix the issue. It doesn't affect all cars but is fairly common when you have potentially old plugs/coils that may be working fine under stock conditions.

2013 F10 550iX Carbon Black/MSport
BMW Fault Code DB
Appreciate 0