View Single Post
      05-02-2022, 06:22 PM   #38
SocomCA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
Back in the good ol days of E46s and E60s, some wiring was universal and pre placed but wrapped up. With the Fxx, I have not been able to find any hidden/packed up connectors. With the jump in number of ECUs in cars, there has been a similar bump in all the wiring harnesses that have to make the connections. Long story short, now we don't get the extra wires laying around inside the car to just plug and play. My suggestion remains to build your own harness instead of trying to replace the factory one. I will be a bit of a pain to remove the stock harness anyways, and will cost a bunch for labor along with cost of original harnesses. But, to each their own.

(I honestly can't tell you the exact part numbers as I have not done this myself. But there are folks in Eastern Europe or Russia who have and may have more detailed DIYs)
Yeah that makes sense, ill see if i can find some more information on that

Also i asked the ebay seller to code the night vision 3 kit to my vin and he emailed me over 3 FSC codes and said:

"I installed the patch! Sent the codes to your email! when you install the equipment, write down the fsc codes in the camera and unit" and he sent over 3 files with codes

I thought if you write anything to the night vision modules, it will prevent the cameras from working?
Appreciate 0