View Single Post
      03-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #30
AC_S5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 523i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Agree completely. I have noted that the only people who complain about the F10s steering and weight are those without IAS.

Those of us with IAS love the handling and cornering ability of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delvek View Post
Forget about the IAS, most don't even own an F10. Not that it is a requirement to be active on the boards but it gets to be old regurgitation of some negative talking points that they themselves have no first hand experience with.
I don't feel people in the thread are saying anything negative about IAS, they are just saying you can live without it.

I don't think the problem is an F10 with or without active steering. But those with IAS seem to fall in love with it and for those who don't have IAS wouldn't understand it and it's understandable.

Most people that I talk to who don't drive BMW because they say the steering is heavy, they don't think handling is an important issue and complaints that too much effort is needed to wrestle the steering wheel.

I think BMW is trying to appeal to those people who have never own a BMW and this is a mistake as they are taking away the thing they are famous for and that is the 5 series is the best handling in its class.

I choose the 5 over the 3 because the 5 is the most balance car in terms of comfort, room and handling, since the 3 is gaining size every generation and the steering gets lighter on the 5, I may consider a 3 series in the future.
2005 E60 523i, 1999 E39 523i, 1998 E46 323i
Appreciate 0