View Single Post
      01-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #14
CyclePath
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330 View Post
pretty much. the only part he needed to modify was where the pipping connects to the downpipes. not only are the diameters different but the angle they bolt up were as well. My shop modified that part to fit and the rest bolted right up with no problem. The black cross bracket couldn't be bolted back on because the extra diameter of the pipes cause it to touch the bracket and I didn't want it to rattle like crazy. I just left that piece off so hopefully its not that important
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz330 View Post
yep there was a black plastic piece they hacked off. we tried to put back the sensors in the same place it was prior using double sided heavy duty tape. the comfort access for the trunk somewhat works. it never worked great before so i honestly can't tell a difference. i have to kick numerous times to get lucky and have the trunk open
LACSTER - Couldn't we do this on our 535 as well? Or have the shop cut off a little after the downpipe connection and weld a transition piece going from 2.25" to 3", then connect the M5 pipes from there back? Also, did you have to modify the sensor? Any issues with the CA trunk?
Appreciate 0