View Single Post
      02-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
RickyB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: DGM 550i

Spring installation prices. $750 for install only?! Sactown

**UPDATED** Sorry for yet another thread on this topic. Called a pretty reputable indy BMW shop here in Sacramento and was told a spring installation would be a 7 hour job, and cost $750 BEFORE the $110 for initial alignment, and another $110 for an alignment a few hundred miles later. This is a certified Dinan shop as well, so they immediately tried to sell me on those. Which is understandable. When I told them I'd be purchasing my own springs the tone changed a little. Does this seem unreasonable? I've taken my previous 5'er here before for other services and am a little surprised by how much and how long they say this will take. Wondering what prices others have paid here in Nor Cal and if there were any recommendations for other shops in the area? Thank you guys for any input.

- Just had HR Springs installed at Sonic MS on Fri, 2/22. Great group of guys and was my last resort ONLY because it's about a 2 hr drive with traffic. Well worth the drive and anyone that's on the fence about doing this... Do it. My ride quality went from a 10 to a 9.5. I would say the only thing you "feel" more are the dips in the road. Nothing more. And for what you're getting as far as looks and performance they far outweigh any perceived change in ride quality. No need for initial alignment, only after 500 miles. I paid $700 total including springs. Took just under 3 hrs.
-Will update again after wheels are installed. Included a pic for now to show height on stock wheels (iPhone, sorry).

Last edited by RickyB; 02-27-2013 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: Updated for install
Appreciate 0