View Single Post
      11-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #72
vince59
Rep
Drives: x3 f25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I would assume that your F25 does not have iDrive, correct?

There is no capacitor at the front mids with the iDrive -according to BMW. The iDrive is standard in the F10.

Tweeters with filtering cap connected in parallel with the mid (as in HiFi and Top HiFi systems) are 2 ohms. I measured them.

The iDrive unit seems to me much more tolerant to low impedance/high load in real-life use than the "old" Professional Radio. The Professional Radio will start cutting its output off at high volumes even with the woofer and mid in parallel straight out of factory.

However, what I am saying is that total impedance must be taken into consideration with OEM systems in which the HU power directly the speakers or long term damage most probably occur.

BMW did, so you should do as well.
I do not know there something that doese not match between what I am saying and what are you saying.

I had two tweeters bmw top hifi with 4,7 microF connected and no resistance reading with tester; I mean NO READING at all. This means no effect to load. I tried with all tweeters. Audi and BMW, I have been searching and debating in other forums and they told that the capacitor act as a crossover so no resistance value is affecting the load
same with blaupunkt tweeters for audi.

I have idrive on my f25.

When I fader the audio system to the rear I am still able to ear the woofers working.

I added the four tweeters

Appreciate 0