View Single Post
      01-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #1
Thomthom329
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Exhaust for MY11 550i

New to this forum but have been a member of the m5board for a while (previously had a modded E60 M5). Like the M5, I'm customizing my 550i (w/ M Sport Pkg) to my liking and next on my list is the exhaust.

I've spent countless hours searching the forums and viewing every YouTube video I could find and have narrowed my options down the to the Active Autowerke or Eisenmann "Sport" systems (looking at axle back systems only at this time). I'm not looking for anything too loud (subjective, I know); hence my decision not to go with the Eisenmann Race.

I'd like something that will produce a nice low tone, rumbling, and the occasional 'pops' are nice bonus too. I want minimal droning (understanding there will be 'some' with any aftermarket exhaust), but not overbearing in any way. I get this is totally subjective but I'm hoping readers with the AA or E-Sport systems will chime in with their opinions.

Frankly, I'm leaning toward AA but sound files are limited at best, and I can't find a single forum opinion on them. I've also read some readers noting some drone (other BMW models), which has kept me from pulling the trigger.

My budget is under $3K with shipping/tax and both systems fit that bill.

Comments/opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by Thomthom329; 01-29-2014 at 11:15 PM..
Appreciate 0