View Single Post
      04-03-2010, 04:24 AM   #11
Erasmus
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 528i F10

To be truly honest, I find this artcle very disappointing ! It shows - imo - that the car became again heavier AND that the core suspension / chassis isn't up for the comfy/sporty tasks AND that you really need to have all the extra boxes checked to benefit from the technologies presented in this article.

In the Netherlands an estimate of 90%+ will not come with the Dynamic Driving Control option (the switch button with Normal, Sport (and) Comfort), for the simple reason that this system can only be ordered for the 535i, 550i or the 530d. The most likely 5-series will be the 520d, 525d and the 523i or the 528i.

Therefore, all the apprreciates and likewise, in various test, say nothing about the new core suspension and chassis (without the extra's). I'm keeping my fingers crossed as wether or not this core suspension will be adequate in combination with the 18-inch wheels (RFT's). You can always switch to nRFT. My current E61 changed from a bounce and yigger car into a normal old-fashioned BMW after replacing the RFT's with nRFT Michelin's.

Conclusion: I'm very unpleased with this article.

Can anybody tell how the car behaves without all the mubo-jumbo adds on the chassis? It is stricking that BMW delivered only full optioned chassis cars for the early test.
PS I'm aware of the UK based test (autocar), but I find this test a bit biased.

Last edited by Erasmus; 04-07-2010 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0