View Single Post
      08-17-2022, 10:38 AM   #23
Zainshoaib
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJQG View Post
Car was running MHD stage 2 when it first started to get the misfire. Changed all the plugs as well as new coils. Problem still on cylinder 3. Next i figured maybe i'd try the fuel injector. Changed that and had it calibrated. Still same issue on cylinder 3. I also set the tune to stage 0. Just to see if it would by chance help it did not. I'm lost on what to do so any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Car has intake, charge pipe, intercooler, and catless dp if that makes any difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJQG View Post
Car was running MHD stage 2 when it first started to get the misfire. Changed all the plugs as well as new coils. Problem still on cylinder 3. Next i figured maybe i'd try the fuel injector. Changed that and had it calibrated. Still same issue on cylinder 3. I also set the tune to stage 0. Just to see if it would by chance help it did not. I'm lost on what to do so any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Car has intake, charge pipe, intercooler, and catless dp if that makes any difference.
N55 cylinder 3 and 4 misfire
Does anyone else have this same problem?
I have a 2013 bmw 535i I've always had a 3 and 4 misfire ever since I bought the car. the misfire happens during idle, if I let the car sit and idle for 10 to 15 mins, the car starts misfiring, check engine light starts flashing drivetrain malfunction screen pops up. But soon as clear the codes and drive it, it doesn't misfire .

What I have done so far:
Brand new spark plugs
Brand new ignition coils
Brand new fuel injectors
Did a compression test which was all good
Also did a leak down test which was all good
Pulled off the intake manifolds and cleaned the carbon on the intake valves,
After all that the car still misfires in cylinder 3 and 4
Appreciate 0