View Single Post
      06-18-2016, 04:38 PM   #1
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

Lets build an LCI MSport wheel and retrofit it!

OK so I recently put my car back together with a temporary Pre-LCI MSport steering wheel as it was a "no line" car and has the base crappy steering wheel.

I've been scoping out eBay looking for a reasonably priced LCI MSport wheel and found one to my liking for $200, dealer take off.

I did not notice that the wheel wasn't equipped with SAT paddles and I would have assumed that all of the wheels would be pre-drilled for them but this was not so. Using the paddle as a jig I marked the 2 holes on each side that needed to be drilled and went ahead and did it. The inboard hole is what fastens the paddle down while the outboard hole is an alignment tit. The outboard does not *need* to go all the way through but it doesn't matter if you do.

Here is the wheel almost fully assembled, this is where I realized I was short a few parts. I wrongly assumed the pre-LCI wheel would use the same control module and harness as the LCI wheel but they are not alike at all. Different connector blocking tangs, length, design etc. I had to go ahead and order those new, not too bad about $250 from the dealer for the control module and harness.

Here are the two wheels next to one another

Appreciate 0