View Single Post
      09-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwithit View Post
The X Men, the other thing is I no longer have any faith in my indy BMW mechanic. I used to like them until they started charging me $600 for an hour of work+labor (they claimed they had to replace the fuel pump). If we go with your numbers, I'm basically gambling on some $700. If you throw in the fact that they give you a loaner every time which is a big win for me because I have to go to work every day, that may be another $100-200 so all together, I'm looking at circa $500 in risk. Hmm...I need to think about it more but to me, given the fact that I may have other unanticipated maintenance issues, that seems like a worthy investment...btw, I'm at 49800 miles right now (200 miles away) and paying the $1900 will actually extend my maintenance plan for 3 years and 2 months (so that is until Dec. 2016...not just 2 years) or 100k miles, whichever comes first. So maybe I can sneak in another oil change or even a new microfilter at the end of the 6 years?

sanyomats, no there is no copay or deductible. That only applies to their extended warranties I think.

Centerfield, that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I've an older bmw and I've had to deal with all that nonsense out of pocket.
Logical enough for me, it seems like its a good situation for you to get into. I forgot to add plugs to my list, so the numbers are even closer.
Appreciate 0