View Single Post
      09-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwithit View Post
The X Men, the other thing is I no longer have any faith in my indy BMW mechanic. I used to like them until they started charging me $600 for an hour of work+labor (they claimed they had to replace the fuel pump). If we go with your numbers, I'm basically gambling on some $700. If you throw in the fact that they give you a loaner every time which is a big win for me because I have to go to work every day, that may be another $100-200 so all together, I'm looking at circa $500 in risk. Hmm...I need to think about it more but to me, given the fact that I may have other unanticipated maintenance issues, that seems like a worthy investment...btw, I'm at 49800 miles right now (200 miles away) and paying the $1900 will actually extend my maintenance plan for 3 years and 2 months (so that is until Dec. 2016...not just 2 years) or 100k miles, whichever comes first. So maybe I can sneak in another oil change or even a new microfilter at the end of the 6 years?

sanyomats, no there is no copay or deductible. That only applies to their extended warranties I think.

Centerfield, that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I've an older bmw and I've had to deal with all that nonsense out of pocket.
Which Bay Area indy has lost your trust? My experience has been that the indies are good for small jobs, but they can charge close to dealer prices on big ones(maybe 10-15% cheaper). Does dealer always change pads + rotors on brake jobs? If so the extended maintenance sounds like a good bet.
Appreciate 0