View Single Post
      04-23-2015, 06:49 PM   #68
TShoot
Private
Rep
Drives: 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadclown View Post
TShoot, any updates on your experience with Racechip? I just got mine in today and plan to install this weekend (probably). Curious to know what setting you are running?
I have mine on S2=F (from factory setting of S2=B). Noticeable improvement from the "B" setting but it has been so cold over the winter and raining now that I haven't had a chance to play with any other settings. So far, S2=F hasn't given me any "Drive Train" malfunctions or thrown and Check Engine Lights (CELs).

I may try some higher settings when my life calms down a bit. And, if I can find a deal on a AWD dyno run of tests, I may go through the settings to see what the different settings actually buy in HP and torque versus drivability.

I am almost at sea level, run 93 octane almost exclusively (unless the wife sneaks something else in on me) and have no other mods done to the car.

So, if your situation is different (lower octane gas, high elevation, etc) your settings might not give you the same results as mine.

BTW, I am sure you probably already know this but don't mess with the S1 switch. I was told (and read) that for our turbo cars, just to adjust the S2 switch.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes and how you like it.
Appreciate 1