View Single Post
      04-30-2022, 07:13 AM   #36
iQuick
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i M-Sport Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensk987 View Post
Hi David,

Thanks for this post, it really helped. I just finished doing a flush and filled with new coolant today. It was very straight forward.

Just to offer my feedback to help the next person I bought 1 metre of 25mm (sorry from Australia only know metric..) ID clear hose and stretched the end a bit using an old coil and boiling water. If fit nicely over the return hose. I clamped the hose and one thing I found useful was to plug the outlet where the hose was taken off from. This just stops any liquid running out over the engine.

I pretty much followed your instructions except I flushed it with 10l of demineralised water and then filled it with 10 l of mixed coolant. I found that after about 2 litres the water that was running out of the hose was starting to turn blue so it probably makes sense to just fill 5l of coolant concentrate into the system and reconnect the hose after that is done.

I did go through the bleeding process but the level didn't drop at all so I think this confirms that this process doesn't allow much air to enter the system.

Thanks for a good share

Ben
Hello Ben,

I have asked David a few questions and while I wait for his reply I thought I would ask you a few.

Did you do the process with the engine running?

Did you start the flushing procedure immediately from a cold engine or did you wait for the engine to warm up so as to induce the thermostat to open.

You mentioned "I found that after about 2 litres the water that was running out of the hose was starting to turn blue"

Does that mean you flushed out +- 3 litres of 50/50 mix before you finished the process ? how did work out your final concentration ratio?

Thank you,

Michael
Appreciate 0