View Single Post
      12-09-2023, 05:15 PM   #43
Paramedic Jack
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i Xdrive

My Experence

I experienced a problem with my 2013 BMW 535i X-Drive after a mechanic incorrectly added pink antifreeze. The next day, my engine oil overheated, and a coolant alarm activated. Returning to the mechanic, he incorrectly claimed the water pump was at fault, but I knew this wasn't true since I had checked the system myself. Realizing the issue was the wrong antifreeze, I researched trying to figured out how to drain my car's closed cooling system. After watching numerous YouTube videos I found that this post was the easiest and best way. It safe to say it was easy to understand and worked perfectly
Here are some tips that worked for me:
- I had my son in the car to switch it off when the return valve changed color, allowing me to continue -working without interruption.
- I mix 2 liters (of antifreeze) with water and 3 liters of straight antifreeze. I added the 3 Liter of straight antifreeze first( after the water turned clear.
- It took about 7 gallons to completely drain the system.
- I used a basic storage container from Walmart to collect the fluid.
- A plastic hookah hose from a smoke shop served perfectly as a vent hose extension.(cost is about a dollar.)The short end fits perfectly into the vent hose

Ps Thanks @David_Vasha, the post is better than anything on YouTube
Attached Images

Appreciate 1