06-04-2011, 02:41 AM   #1
jaekeem
BMW Noobie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 e46 M3 Macan S Model S

Juice Box aka JB3 stage 1 for N55...initial impressions

UPDATED DYNO Sheet 6/11/2011

Well after reading the thread started by Dr.MBA CLICK HERE I got quite motivated to see how the tune released by Terry over at Burger Motorsports works for our f10 with the n55 engine. For roughly $400, this is hands down the best bang for the buck mod out there. Power gains claimed by this mod is 100% legitimate (in my opinion).

The homies over at EAS installed the kit and made it a complete stealth/OEM style installation. It took Steve all of 15 minutes to install the complete kit!

To those of you that know me I'm quite the skeptic when it comes to products with bold claims. With Terry's dyno plots shown on his website his n55 vehicle showed gains of 31.42HP and 52.63TQ to the wheels! That is just simply amazing for a product that costs 1/10th of an exhaust system for our F10. The funny thing is that same exhaust system will probably only make 1/10th the power gains a JB3 Stage 1 tune will make for the N55.

JB3 Stage1 Dyno from Burger

My car literally went from installation and rolled forward 10 ft to jump onto the dyno. We ran 5 preliminary runs on the dyno to let the car adapt to the new tune and shut the car off and restarted it before the next pull. After that we made 5 complete passes on the dyno and each one showed more and more power gain in both HP and TQ! In the end my car made 290.12HP and 339.8TQ compared to my best stock run of 268.69HP and 280.59TQ. That is a gain of 21.43HP and 59.21TQ!

Unfortunately we ran out of time as it was getting late and Steve had to go home to his girlfriend . So the next time I get the chance to jump on the dyno I'll try bumping the boost up 1-2lbs and see if the car can generate the HP numbers that Terry achieved on his N55.

I dont have any dyno plots to share with you guys as I forgot to get it on the way out. But I do have a video clip of my best dyno run to share with you guys. You can see the results at the end of the video, run #4 was my best stock run with my 20" LMRs and the best and final run #9.

Final Thoughts
Just like the dyno runs on the car, the more and more I drive it the better the car feels. The torque is absolutely ridiculous and the car pulls hard from 3k-5.5k. The way Terry set this tune up is the way BMW should have sold the car from the factory. I've had this tune on my car for 2 days now and is way too much fun. Currently at 72 days of ownership and 6k miles, I can finally say I'm satisfied with the performance.

If you are reading this you need to get this for your car asap, you'll probably have as big a smile on your face as I do. It only costs $379 + shipping! I'm really looking forward to the future stages of Terry's JB tunes as they figure it out more!

Again I want to thank Steve, Tom and David over at EAS for installing this and dyno'ing my car. Be on the lookout as I have a few more engine mods coming and hopefully I get get some more dyno runs of each mod and this cars evolution.

2011 F10 535i | Build Thread | Power Mods & Dynos

Last edited by jaekeem; 06-11-2011 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 0