View Single Post
      03-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
mayor bloom
Rep
Drives: 528xi

iPhone 5 with 3 or 4 snap in adapter

Personally, I hate the idea of the snap in adapter. Too many time do have to turn off the Bluetooth and pick up the phone to talk. In the next few months I will be trying different thing to be able to use the snap in connection with out snapping in a phone.

Step 1: completed today.

Went to BMW and asked if I could use a 3 or 4 media adapter for a test. They gladly helped, because they were curious as well. Took my 30 pin to 8 pin dongle (cord, not just the plug) and held it in place and plugged my phone in on the lightening end.

At first I had no response, but then I clicked the BMW connect app. I then had all the functions I would have by just connecting to the USB. This frees up the usb for my iPod.

Next Step's:

-purchasing a 3 or 4 media adapter from ebay to modify. When using the dongle it wants to keep popping out.

-Try a 30 pin to micro usb adapter, to see if I can get my S3 to work on here as well.

-Purchase and install a Kuda mount with a powered base to connect to the snap in adapter. I will hide the cord in the console.

If anyone has done this or wants to be part of my project, please let me know.

Mike
Appreciate 0