View Single Post
      04-29-2019, 08:45 PM   #14
JasonFH
Rep
Drives: 2015 535D

Posting to a thread from ages ago, but my F10 with HK is still new to me and I've spent a good month messing with eq, reading forums and finally have a sound I'm pretty happy with. Clear vocals, separation of instruments and enjoyable to listen to. Normally I would nudge eq just a hair one way or another to get a good sound. Usually EQ out bad sound by nudging those frequencies negative. That didn't work so well here and I couldn't find a good balance that worked with many different genres of music. The other odity I found with the HK, is the more volume the flatter the eq, less volume more V shaped it is, and there is no way to adjust low frequency bass.

I tried something ridiculous the other day, counter to everything I've been taught as a sound engineer, but I'm happy with the sound. As clear as I can get the HK system on my 2015 535d, and I tap my foot at low volumes without blowing my eardrums out (I'm getting old apparently) and I like this eq with all genres of music so far.

Bass and trebble +3 (first thing that makes me cringe but think of this as a preamp of the digital signal from the head unit going to the HK amp) this helped keep the rest of the bass range equal to the unadjustable low bass.

100Hz: +2
200Hz: +3
500Hz: 0
1KHz: +7
2KHz: +4
5KHz: +5
10KHz: +4

95 dB gets fairly flat response and less V shaped at lower volumes but still V shaped. I listen at about 65db and am very happy. If this works for you, glad I could help, if not to each their own.
Appreciate 0