United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigscore View Post
Hello Guys....

I've been lurking around trying to do my homework and with all the wealth of info on this site it's getting a bit confusing.

I just got out of my N62 650 and was heavily leaning towards a 2013 F10 550 but after reading about problems with the N63 motor it's not an automatic "slam dunk" for me at the moment.

Enter the 535...

My 650 was modded (suspension, exhaust, air) but the F10 (535 or 550) will allow me to really make some mods and have fun on the road!

Question 1

Pure Turbo Stage 1 is said to give up to 70hp depending on other mods.

How much HP should be expected for Stg 1 on a stock motor with no mods?

I also "picked up" that the JB4 is required along with the Stg 1 to manage the motor.....

Does the JB4 "add" to the Stg 1 for even more gains or does it manage the gains of the Stg 1?

Stg 1 + DP + JB4 = Approximately how much power ?

Sorry for all the questions hope you guys will chime in.

Thanks in advance.
The difference between the 550 and 535 is massive in terms of power. A 535 modded on all stock hardware minus dp still doesn't compare to the 550 stock. This may change in the next coming days. Currently I am making 345whp with a flash tune. Come this Weekend I should have a new higher number, hoping for 375, might be able to squeeze more on the dyno, we'll see. In either case if I was able to hit 400whp then I could play with a stock 550.

If I upgraded my turbo PS1 I could be possibly in the low 400's whp range, but that's because I have pwg turbo and stand to gain more on PS1. You would not if you're an ewg turbo, you have to go PS2 as I understand it the ewg stock turbo and PS1 are comparable. A few others can chime in here.

Now, a stock 550 has the ability to flash tune to 600 whp on all stock hardware provided you go the flash route. Piggy back on the 550 might get you in the high 4's. That said, piggy back on a 535 will net about 310whp.

If your plans are to mod when you get the car go 550. Make sure to get a 2013 model or higher.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0