View Single Post
      02-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #19
clutchlee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
All i gotta say guys is watch out big time on the Belt and BQE. The Belt going east is REALLY bad in all lanes. I saw at least a dozen cars with blown tires pulled over the other day. On the BQE right after the Battery Tunnel split heading towards the city AVOID the right lane as you enter into the "two walls" section. There is a crater there at least 12" deep and 1-1.5' wide. Its so deep you can see the rebars at the bottom

I know one of these potholes has my name written all over it so its only a matter of time.

Clutch....they patched up ONE of the potholes that you nailed. The one on the right is still there.

Alan
Yeah I have avoided that road/area since. I drove on the belt today with my other car and it was terrible. There were at least 6 cars pulled over fixing their tires...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8Swami View Post
Clutchlee, you may have damaged your transmission my friend. Your owners manual warns about this issue on XDrive vehicles. No matter if the car is in Neutral or the speed that the tow truck creeps you to your destination, you can damage the components in your transmission if towed in this manner. Usually tow trucks have an axle dolly where they can lift one axle and set the other on an independent set of wheels where nothing is touching the ground.

I had my car illegally towed by an over zealous tow company and they ended up paying over $7000 to have my transmission rebuilt on my Audi RS4 when they didn't see my Visitor's Permit on the dashboard.

Good luck with this issue and let us know how it turns out!
Really hope that is not the issue, I am bringing it in tomorrow. Life Quality in Brooklyn had no appointments and their lot was full for the past week and half. Thanks for the heads up though

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Since no one have say it yet, I guess I will. If you had runflat tires, the tow truck and the transmission issues could have been avoided.
Well, I did have 4 run-flats to begin with. 2 of them bubbled so I replaced all 4 with regular Continentals instead of having to deal with the bubble issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig View Post
Those potholes dont even look that bad how did this cause such a problem?
They may not look that bad to you, but looks can be deceiving. Obviously, they did some pretty bad damage to my wheel/car.
Appreciate 0