09-04-2011, 03:28 AM   #15
The Mewster
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 520d - arrived Jan 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaz View Post
+1.
I was surprised to see the traction control off switch by the sport auto buttons - I thought you selected sport plus for that.

:
Sport+ disables traction control, but leaves stability control in place. The button above turns off stability control as well, so you have three-stage system - all on/TC off but stability on/all off (better have some talent...)

There's a nice roundabout on the way to work which is really wide, well sighted, usually empty at 6:30am etc, so when it's wet I usually hit sport+ and manual shifting and have some sideways action when there's no-one around. Once the car gets to a certain angle you can feel the stability control kicking in and bringing it back into line.

It does sometimes prematurely end a nice drift, but I'm not brave/talented enough to want to risk it without stability control on in my own car on a public road...

Pro media pack, visibility pack, sports steering wheel, heated seats, lumbar support, ambient lighting, USB interface, 18" wheels, parking camera, auto tailgate, sun protection glass.
Appreciate 0