View Single Post
      01-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #10
howieR
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducboy View Post
I took delivery of a 550 GT last month, the first ED bound for the US. The angel eyes are cool, but the rest of the package is what makes this car phenomenal. Remember...it's a TOURING car Altogether, we drove well over 3000km during the 2 weeks we were in Europe, and I'm here to tell you that this car delivers the best ride, comfort and amenities of any vehicle I've driven under $100k. In short, it does its job very, very well. That trip would have been painful in the 1er!

Scroll down to the bottom for ED pics of our GT:
http://web.me.com/houseofwindsor/Wel...es/Munich.html

And FWIW, I read somewhere BMW recently stated that all their new vehicles post GT will have the LED angel eyes. Not sure if that meant all series or what...
Hi ducboy,

Glad to read your happy with your GT. ("car delivered best ride, comfort and amenities of any vehicle I've driven under $100,000"). I have one on order for delivery in Australia when they are released next March. Ordering without a drive first is a risk, so its nice to read your comments. Also nice to collect car at BMW Welt. Was there a few months ago.
Drive a X5 and owned a 745Li in Australia, presently have a 335i which the GT will replace (because the 335i is too small). Just wish we could buy the car for 'under $100,000 in Australia. We are paying $170,000 with quite a few extras. The US could solve its deficit problems if the just put a bit of 'luxury tax' on cars and a reasonable tax on fuel. (Like the rest of the world). Anyway enjoy your car.
HowieR (currently in Switzerland).
Appreciate 0