View Single Post
      06-22-2015, 10:30 AM   #15
The.King
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10

BMW OEM Ambient Light DIY

Jordinho,

I don't even know if this is worth posting as you haven't replied to this thread in a number of months. Like most other people, you seem to have completed your retrofit successfully & simply vanished from this forum? I am dying to do this retrofit (just like you were once), but there is little info online - especially when it concerns an F10.

While your post is pretty good, you leave out a lot of basic details too such as what kind of spare wire did you use to connect everything up? Was that white cable you used standard 16 gauge positive/negative, or was it speaker cable (that's what it looks like)???? What kind of junction box did you use to split the feed? (That weird little white square box looks odd.)

Underneath your first two photos you state: "Red/grey is going to window button. White/Brown is going to the window motor. What you need is to attach one wire to each of them. What does that even mean? Take one strand of your white wire to red/grey, and take the other strand of the same white wire to white brown? Or do you mean take both strands of the white wire to Red/grey and then take another piece of white wire to the White Brown? Sorry, but half of your photos are blurred, so on 3rd & 4th photo, it looks like both strands of your white wire are connected to the Red/Grey wire??

Also, can you provide a link as to where you bought the OEM items? (I've been to my main BMW dealership, but they are charging north of 600 Euro now for these parts - so double what you initially posted not that long ago??? So I assume there has to be other options to purchase genuine OEM BMW Ambient Lighting parts - but even Google is struggling to find them!

Any other tips or photos from you (or anyone) on the install would be great too. What happened to "part 2" of the guide from Livefour2day???

No offense, but the initial phitos are not very helpful at all for someone who wasn't standing there with you as you did the job - I could be looking at anything and most photos are blurred! Where did the car side connector or door side connector even come from?

Would appreciate if someone who did this could shed a bit more light. If I have enough to go on, I will do a proper post after I complete the retrofit so that anyone else can easily follow the instructions.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0