04-07-2014, 06:27 AM   #34
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 325d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
Very nice wheels, but it must call for ultra careful when parking near curbs with those protruding spokes!
I see you have Vredesteins on, what appears to be, 20" rims - how do you find the ride and handling?
Reason I ask is that I'm coming up for new tyres on my F12 (also on 20" wheels) and I want to ditch the run-flats, just can't decide which make to go for.
I'd appreciate your opinion - many thanks,
Jon
Thanks. The spokes are flush thankfully but parking is still fun!

The wheels are 20" and I can only recommend the tyres, they're very good in the wet and all round to be honest for the money. I went from 18" run flats to 19" Vreds on my E90 and there was quite an improvement but nothing like the improvement I've noticed going to non run flats on the F10. It's totally different on the comfort side of things - so much better!

Every sharp dip in the tarmac across the road, unavoidable grates/potholes would cause the car to really 'bang' on the 19" run flats but it feels totally different now on the 20" standard tyres, must feel even better with 19's and non RFT.

I did 16k miles on new Vred Sessantas in my E90, then sold the wheels and tyres before trading in the car, the rears were most worn (as you'd expect) and still had +5mm on them!

I'd go for getting rid of your 20" RFT's and I'll say that your F12 will be miles better without them. Get the Vreds, you'll be happy. I don't drive hard (as can be seen by the 16k in less than 3mm) but I know when I do give it the occasional bit of 'stick' the tyres are more than up to it.

Cheers

Dave
Appreciate 0