04-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
MWPos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

Garage List
2013 535i  [0.00]
Sean (ImSW1) spent a couple of hours on-line with me last night showing me how to get started coding. I've asked Sean to be available on-line again at 4 pm this Sunday so that we can do some more coding on your cars in a mini-coding meet. This will be in my driveway in Rancho Penasquitos and space and time (4-6:30 pm) are limited so please reply to this thread to indicate your intent to attend. When you come, please bring the coding cheat sheet (attached to this post) with a couple of specific items that you want to try.
As an example of how much time it may take, Sean spent 49 minutes on the phone with me to code three functions. We should be able to move more quickly on Sunday because the learning curve was steep, but not too high and now I have a better idea of what I am doing. Sean will watch over our shoulders, for a while, via teamviewer to make sure we don't make any horrendous mistakes. We are doing this in my driveway this time so that I have a known wi-fi signal and power for the laptop while Sean is connected to it. Future code meets can be anywhere.
This will be the start of a San Diego coding group. As we gain experience we can continue to share knowledge and lessons-learned with regular meetings.
If you plan to come, please do two things: Reply to this thread with your car's build date, FXX model, and software levels (example of my car follows), and also PM to me so that I can send to you my address.
My Car example:
Build date 3-2011, F10, Integration Plant F010-11-03-502, I-Level HO F010-12-11-503.
(I had to get the software build levels from my dealership by a key-fob readout. We'll be able to read your software level real-time on Sunday if you don't have it handy or cannot get it before then).
Attached Images
File Type: pdf F10_CheatSheet_V3.0.pdf (99.1 KB, 274 views)

Last edited by MWPos; 04-05-2013 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0