View Single Post
      07-26-2014, 09:12 AM   #295
valbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F10 M5 CP 600 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Who said the M5 CP sway bar is to stiff??? I haven't read anybody posting that in this thread?

I have it on my car and it transformed the handling!!! I have M550d rear sway bars and have not found any problems with this combination. It's not impacted the everyday comfort very much either.

I also know owners of M5's that have changed to the CP sway bar and says that it's the best handling mod they have done!
Please read first what I said: "Let me make a conclusion". Therefore if you ask who said, at least I did it. The post was made to put things together, for other members convenience.

Now let me explain why I think CP is too stiff. Assume BMW folks design things some smart way. Means, the stiffness of the front and rear sway bars have certain balance. M5 standard FSB is 25% heavier than the 550d one (31 35 6 798 565). M5 CP FSB goes further and it is 25% heavier than M5 standard one.

You put 550d RSB vs. M5 CP, therefore the assumption is: FSB upgraded two steps ahead, while the RSB is upgraded only one step, due to limitations of mechanical fit on rear. Right? I never meant you cannot have fun with your setup, this is up to you. Even more, I explained the H&R bar seems to be even stronger than the CP one.

Also I suggest to avoid direct comparisons with M5, in particular if we talk M5 parts put on 5-series at our own risk. Hope it helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Did mine last week; well got the car back last week. Have the M5 front and the 550d/650i rear sway bar on my 550i. Fits well; no issues and with Dinan shocks and software and a few other mods car really feels planted! Great upgrade that doesn't break the bank.
This upgrade is great, my only concern was the slightly different FSB wing angles of M5 compared to M Sport at the link bolt point. However the other members checked it with experienced BMW techs and assured it will never create any problem. Also the link bolt is actually a joint. Will do the upgrade myself at the earliest convenience.

Last edited by valbmw; 07-26-2014 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0