12-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Adaptive Headlights

Hi All

Just thought I'd post up a thread about the adaptive headlights on the F10. I'm sure a lot of you are already well aware of this but I wasn't so, in case anyone else is weighing up whether to go for the adaptive's or not, I say yes.

I took the adaptive headlight option on the F10 because I had them on my previous E90 and loved them. I have to say though that the F10's adaptive's really are next gen.

The High Beam Assist basically functions, as near as I can tell, in the exact same way as the top option super sexy LED option.

I did think they were performing this way when on the day I picked it up but only had a short run in the dark.

Tonight, after my first real journey at night, I can confirm the lights remain on High Beam pretty much all the time but block out other cars by altering the beam pattern creating dark boxes around other vehicles. It's superb and works very well. I've not bean flashed once!

Both coming up behind vehicles and on vehicles approaching the lights are working in the exact same manner as the video's I've seen on the LED variant.

The E90 adaptive's did not do this, simply dipping the beam completely until the other vehicle had passed.

Definitely worth the upgrade to Adaptive over standard Xenons in my opinion