SkipSauls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 35d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
Great review- especially as I am in exactly in the same boat as you are. I drive an E92 335 and my lease expires at the end of the year. I need a bigger car so the X5 or new 5er are up for consideration. Did you look at or consider the 535 wagon? It must be bigger than the sedan- and the back seats recline on the wagon! We also get the larger diesel engine for the X5 in Australia (X5 40d!) so it makes that option more tempting for me. Want to see and drive the wagon first though.
It looks like the US won't be getting the wagon, with the GT being the replacement. I hope BMWNA knows what they're doing, but I'd rather see the wagon here, or both. I liked the e60 wagon better than the sedan as it "fixed" the ugly rear end in addition to the extra utility. If the GT were sleeker and looked less like a giant Prius it would have more appeal.

The US also suffers from being out of sync with the rest of the world for powertrains. What's interesting is that a few other manyfacturers, including Dodge/Ram and VW, have figured out how to build diesels that don't require things like AdBlue. Maybe now that BMW knows it can sell diesels in the USA it will develop "world" engines, and bring more over here.

Last edited by SkipSauls; 06-07-2010 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: poor spelling!
Appreciate 0