View Single Post
      05-12-2020, 09:46 PM   #22
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylverlee View Post
So in this method you're just attaching a hose to the coolant tank hose and then running the bleeding method? I tried this and only got like 3 gallons, but wasn't pouring in distilled water at the same time (now realizing that was prob a bad move for the water pump). You got 10 gallons out? Was that all water half way through, or was it still some coolant? If you're feeding it water the entire time, is the water pump actually still being starved?
I remember talking about this with you in the other thread

Yep, you pull the return/overflow line and use whatever method to extend it. I got probably close to 8 gallons before it started to run clearish. Water all the way through, you want to replace the entire system with distilled water. Once you've done that, you know there's 10 liters of water, so you need to drain 5 liters of that out and replace with 5 liters of coolant. I did that by running the bleed cycle a second time (turn car off and wait for 3 minutes before running it again). Once you've added all the antifreeze you need, quickly jam the return hose back onto the nipple. Adjust the coolant level as needed.

I'd suggest people to drive around a few times, and check with a coolant tester. Proper 50/50 mix will protect down to -37*C. Add coolant or water as needed to the expansion tank to adjust the mix.
Appreciate 1
Sylverlee150.00